TrueFantasy readers and friends now continue with the series of interviews with authors Italian fantasy with Paola De Pizzol
, better known by readers under the pseudonym MPBlack. Author of the Trilogy of the Lady of the elves, the dreamer and extroverted Paul, a working mom who loves to write and invent fantastic stories in his home among the rolling hills of Veneto. But I'll leave that dear interview is available Paola kindly allowed me for my equally dear readers TrueFantasy:
1 - Hello Paola! First of all who is MPBlack? Who is behind this pseudonym? Tell us a little 'you!
Hello! My name is Paola and I'm a mother, lavoratrice, scrittrice tuttofare. Lavoro la mattina, nel pomeriggio mi dedico ai figli (Anna di otto anni e Marco di tredici) e la sera scrivo. Adoro in primis il genere fantasy ma, alla fine, leggo un po’ di tutto. Guardo poca TV. Nel mio tempo libero preferisco dedicarmi alla scrittura o alla lettura.
2- Perché la scelta di uno pseudonimo? E perché proprio M.P.Black? La scelta dello pseudonimo è nata per gioco. Non volevo firmarmi col mio vero nome (Paola De Pizzol), perché ritenevo il cognome troppo “difficile” e impegnativo. Così ho chiesto un consulto a mio figlio e insieme abbiamo deciso questo pseudonimo. M.P. sta per Maria Paola (Marie is my middle name) and Black is going to Sirius Black, my favorite character in the Harry Potter. The nickname has worked great, so much so that the worker is often called Black. Funny, I'd say!
3 - When did the passion for writing? When did you start thinking "I want to be a writer?
4 - What is your relationship with writing? What does this mean for you to create stories?
Writing is essential as breathing. I could not help it. I am a woman tormented. If you do not write, I become restless, I'm sick, I get nervous. Create stories for me is dedicarmi anima e corpo ai miei pensieri, al riportarli inevitabilmente su carta, a renderli reali e tangibili. Significa evadere dalla realtà e da una quotidianità a volte complicata. Quando scrivo, il tempo è mio, solo mio. E’ l’attimo nel quale tutto diventa possibile e i sogni possono finalmente realizzarsi.
5- Parlaci un po’ della tua trilogia della Signora degli elfi. Di cosa parla e che tipo di fantasy è?
La trilogia di Lisa è nata in seguito ad un sogno. E’ un urban rivolto principalmente ai ragazzi, ma che effettivamente viene letto anche dagli adulti, con commenti entusiastici. Narra la storia di una ragazza di sedici anni che si compelled to abandon his life to enter the kingdom of elves and face before the Lord of the Black Elves, and later, the real villain of the saga, that is the mother of all evils. It will help in this difficult and dangerous mission by his friends John, Paul and Matilda, and meet the true love. The main feature of this urban is given by the unconventionality of the elven people. The "my" Elf, in fact, not only use weapons, but swords and laser guns and riding horses bionic. They dress in jeans and leather jackets and like to modernity. Forget absolutely Elves Lord of the Rings.
6- Descrivi i tre romanzi della trilogia attribuendo ad ognuno un aggettivo
“Lisa Verdi e il ciondolo elfico” lo definirei un dolce fantasy innovativo, proprio per i motivi che ho spiegato sopra. “Lisa Verdi e l’antico codice” , al contrario, è un fantasy più ombroso. In questo secondo libro ci sono momenti molto dark e tristi, al limite dell’horror. “Lisa Verdi e il Sole di Aresil”, invece, è un fantasy assolutamente dark. Qui Lisa subisce un notevole cambiamento, anche fisico, e alcuni personaggi principali troveranno la morte. Mi sono emozionata molto, mentre lo scrivevo. A mio avviso, questo terzo libro della saga contiene dei momenti che possono commuovere e colpire il lettore.
7- Quali opere e quali autori ti hanno maggiormente influenzata come scrittrice?
La mia maestra è la grande J.K. Rowling. Da lei ho, praticamente, imparato tutto. L’altro autore di riferimento è il bravissimo C. Lewis. Rileggerei cento volte la saga delle “Cronache di Narnia”, così vicina al mio modo di intendere il fantasy. In questo periodo sto apprezzando anche molte autrici, sia italiane che straniere, che scrivono urban fantasy. In fondo, il genere che preferisco scrivere è proprio quest’ultimo. I do not know, maybe one day maybe I will concentrate also on the establishment of a fantasy classic. You can never say, in life!
8 - We know you're working on an urban fantasy, called "fairy wings". Tell us a little 'and maybe something anticipaci! Before "Fairy Wings" I would speak of the "Guardians of Souls." It 'an urban to be published in the summer with the publishing house "Domino." An ambitious and challenging, because I had to make several searches on the Internet that I have brought to the U.S. in the late nineteenth century, while in Salem the attack on the Witch, and finally to Egypt during the reign of Queen Cleopatra. But nothing else, at least for now ... "Fairy Wings" is an urban wrote in first person and set in the forest of "Sherwood" and in the fictional town of "Fairies City." As you may already intuiredal title, the protagonists are the fairies. But do not think the good creatures and funny fables. Absolutely not! "Fairy Wings" is a fantasy for a band of adult readers, as it will contain scenes more mature than the saga of Lisa and the book of the Guardians.
I would write a book for children, at the request of my daughter. It 'very hard to write a children's book innovative and interesting, but I love challenges, so I'll try! Furthermore, the Guardians of Souls, very likely, will be followed up as fairy wings. And, later, will place a romance set in New York and Alaska ...!
Good question! Finally, the Italian authors are building their own personality, as you already said you, go to foreign authors plagiarized. Finally they understood how to write fantasy and are not afraid to test. No longer feel constrained in their choices, because the publishing houses are now much more willing to publish fantasy, a genre that is going more and more here in Italy. And this happens on both of its most famous, but also for the presence of a number of lesser-known authors, who can be appreciated by the general public. The Italian fantasy has a long way to go, but we are in a good and publishers can no longer ignore such explosive, which is gathering more and more readers.
11 - Request free: Say hello to friends TrueFantasy adding whatever you want!
Thanks to all readers and friends of TrueFantasy for losing their precious time in reading the interview! I invite you, of course, to read the saga of Lisa and follow in future projects. A Hug!
Many thanks to Paola for its exquisite service! I invite all of you dear reader to read the good books of this author will continue to follow up TrueFantasy always here!
Alessandro Iascy "Giugumenta"
0 comments:
Post a Comment